View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 16:27   #17

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
[bush's lead is narrowing, so we'll see]
Newsweek magazine had a national poll that puts Kerry ahead 49-46% after the debate.

Quote:
ypsidan - did you go to the last home game? omg that one field goal sucked. lol and my senior tickets are sweet.
No, the only UM game I'm going to this year is the Michigan State game on the 30th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
Also - as it's what's most important to me - I discovered that Kerry's policy on gay relationships isn't that far removed from George Dubya's!
True, IF you ignore the fact that Kerry has NO desire to pass a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, which was just voted down by both houses of Congress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
Hmmmmm...
Is anyone besides Michael Moore voting for Nader...??
You're kidding me right? He's not voting for Nader! Not a chance in Hell, sorry. Nader is a good man, don't get me wrong. Probably saved many lives in this country, and probably could have saved more if airlines and airplane manufacturers had listened to him over 10 years ago, when he proposed putting secure locks on cockpit doors. And he can dispute this all he wants, but his presence in the election is just taking votes away from John Kerry. You vote for Nader, you're helping Bush win the election. Michael Moore would vote for his dog before he helps President Bush win this election. Nader is just running because he wants revenge. That's all. And conservatives can hate him all they want, but Moore is not a Democrat. He doesn't like Democrats a whole lot either, and assuming John Kerry is elected, he said that his camera will be pointed at him as well.

P.S. - I just saw him speak here a few days ago. I really enjoyed it, and it was well worth it for only 5 dollars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi
I heard that there are more new registers this year that the election offices can't handle it. So if the kids are gonna vote, i think this will be a much more successful election than ummm previous
You got that right. In just the University of Michigan student body alone, there are 5,000 new registered voters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
kerry is pro-choice and no half assed republican is pro choice. kerry
Devil's advocate for a second: When Bush was campaigning in 2000, he was asked what he would do if one of his daughters got pregnant, and was thinking about having an abortion. He said that they would sit down as a family and discuss it. So obviously, to his credit, he thinks that the government should not have a say in the matter. Granted, he still may be against the idea, but as a father, he would prefer to talk it over as a family, and not have the government make the decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
I wont be slammed by ypsidan04...
"Slammed"?

I wouldn't dream of it. As long as Kerry wins, and I can show that making premature guarantees is a bad idea, it's all good. And if Bush wins, I won't be a sore loser. I'll be pretty disappointed, but I wouldn't take it out on others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Down ! Down! ( the bet was a ploy of reverse psychological undertones, meaning that I wish so much Mr Kerry triumphs that I'm willing to place a bet on Mr uknowho - albeit 5 pounds - as well as jeopardise my status in the eyes of the honourable man who calls himself ypsidan04! and all the rest of my beloved tatysite townfolks.
Indeed, my honourable people, you shall behold my ensuing humilation as a fresh suitor aka "only trust your own" is ultimately defeated, and the honourable ypsidan04 casts his final curse upon the fool who stands before thee.
What's with all this drama?

Last edited by ypsidan04; 03-10-2004 at 16:57.