View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 02:23   #10
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
I'll come back about this subject later because i have to act quickly to get my plane in some hours...so Russkayatatu, yep ..i made a mistake : i thought about "Talmud" when i said "Torah"...i thought about the teaching and explaination of the "Old testament" for the Christians...
-->The Torah and the oral law
Rabbinical Judaism holds that the Torah has been transmitted in parallel with an oral tradition. They point to the text of the Torah, where they believe many words are left undefined, and many procedures mentioned without explanation or instructions; they believe the reader is assumed to be familiar with the details from other, oral, sources.

This parallel set of material was originally transmitted orally, and came to be known as the oral law. At the time, it was forbidden to write and publish the Oral Law, as any writing would be incomplete and subject to misinterpretation and abuse. However, after great debate, this restriction was lifted when it became apparent that it was the only way to ensure that the law could be preserved. To prevent the material from being lost, around 200 CE, Rabbi Judah haNasi took up the redaction of a written version of the oral law; it was compiled into the first major written work of rabbinic Judaism, the Mishnah. Over the next four centuries this body of law, legend, ethical teachings and argumentation underwent debate in both of the world's major Jewish communities (in Israel and Babylon). The commentaries on the Mishnah from both of these communities eventually came to be edited together into compilations known as the Talmud.

Most Jews follow the traditional explication of these laws that can be found in this later literature. Karaites, who reject the oral law, and adhere solely to the laws of the Torah, are a major exception.
http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Tor...d_the_oral_law

Quote:
"Sex is sick" is not a Jewish concept, I am virtually certain - it does not have the ascetic traditions of other religions, like Christianity - but other than that I don't know.
Oh...I'm not so sure about that...I mean the big problem we have with this kind of religious written thing is the INTERPRETATION problem....we see that even in Tatysite...I mean everybody gives its own interpretation about "Bible"....some of us see it with a "general view" like a global moral guide, others see it just in "catching and sticking" to some words with a dictionnary definition...

Interpretation is the big problem of all religious books ...cause people , before , did't know to read ..so the oral translation...which gives power to a lot of people...
I mean the original "Coran" is very "good" with its approach about women ...they are very respected in it...and you see how it's applied in the reality ...with the oral transmission...not a lot of people understand litteral arab...and even when they learn it "by heart" (memory) , they don't understand what they say...

I saw a reportage on tv about very strict jewish religious: it was a bout women and jewish religion...it was very hard for them sometimes because they were in a family which was following very strictly the rules...so for exemple you could have sexual relationship just (i don't remember) a lot of days after your period...so there was the case of a woman who had a lot of problems to have children because her husband was a kind of "fanatic" about the religious rules ...so in a month , there were just a "few days" when she could have sexual relationship with him...of course , it's an extrem situation....but it seems it exists...

May be i'm wrong but i have the feeling that the "Fanatic Christians" are cooler than the "Fanatic Jewish"...it isn't a valor judgement here ... just I try to be objective...as I can...hi-hi....