View Single Post
Old 07-10-2003, 23:47   #30
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Wow, coolie, nice voice U have there

I'm glad U were the first to post ur file here as it made easier not the work of 'students' only... but mine as well... huh... it's just easier to correct mistakes if there are only few of them

So, let's see what we have...
Well, telling that Russian is softer then Bulgarian (even if only in Sofia) is not right. It can sound softer at times but not always. hehe... we have 21 consonant letters but 36!!! consonant sounds. See what I mean? Russian just has bigger range.

Listening to ur file I got the idea that U feel quite comfortable reading Russian. (huhu... who knows, may be just after some lessons U'll become my assistent, not student ). And U can be sure that if U pronaunce words this way, U'll be understood without any problem . But I still smell something East-European I'll tell U why. U see, from the PD files U and zebu made in ur languages, watching some Polish tv-channel and after spending some time in Bulgaria and Czech Republic, I felt that many east-european languages are a bit softer then russian. They are easier to pronaunce. Huh... to be frank after hearing anyone speaking (or singing ) in any of this languages I find it quite difficult to speak Russian properly. I get some kind of accent. I make my speech more smooth without even realizing it :P Even Ukrainian seems more comfortable to one's tongue. Unfortunately, Russian isn't like that There are loads of consonants and most of them U have to pronaunce either really soft or firm but in both cases clear.