View Single Post
Old 26-02-2005, 07:15   #10
God of All Things Girthy

Send a message via MSN to Shakrin
Chapter Two

"This is your first field mission together as partners, so I suggest you get acquainted before ten tonight. I'm not expecting failiure either, so this had better turn out right if you guys don't want to get your sorry asses fired. Volkova, prep Katina on things you might need, and you know where to find me if you got any questions." Volkova just eyed the air in front of her with a thin grimace before slightly nodding.

Lena's eyes graced on her superior's facial expressions, facinated. She would often wonder, how a person could have a variety of expressions of a rock. After a lot of pondering, she came to a conclusion that Yulia Volkova was a stone face, and that's putting it gracely.

"See something you like?" A cold voice interfered her thoughts. It was Volkova's. "I suggest you listen to the Captain and not gaze at me like some bored cow." The brunette lashed out at her with icy words. Though her emotions were somewhat evident in her voice tone, her facial expression was blank.

"Then Captain should talk about something that actually matters before I moo." Lena retorted and she could see Volkova's inner smirk and Captain(Jack) freeze in his chair. Lena smirked and inspected the wall beside her, but grinning triumphantly in the inside.

But her inner happiness faded as her thoughts consumed her again.

Why *was* she looking at Volkova anyways? Could she possibly have... No. Thats ridiculous. But yes... Miss Volkova *was* very beautiful...

"Dismissed." Jack forced on his composure, roughly shooing them away.

Volkova gestured Lena to follow her inside her own office for a short briefing. Lena worldlessly followed.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Volkova snapped at Katina, slamming the office door behind her. Lena jumped at the slamming door, eyes widening of surpirse.

"M-ma'am?" The red head stuttered.

"You think I'm stupid?! I saw that disgusting look you were giving me back at Jack's office. You think I haven't noticed? Are you a fucking lesbian Katina?!"

"W-w-wha... I-I- uh.." Lena's jaw slackend out of disbelief as the brunette fired her questions away, whipping Lena with her sharp mouth.

"You were given a direct question from your superior, Katina. Have the fucking etiquette to answer!" Lena just kept stuttering, her cheeks reddening with shame, the brunette overwhelming her.

But after all... What *could* she say to those questions? They were the questions she didn't even know.

Lena just shut her mouth and closed her eyes and hung her head. The blanket of silence enveloped them, the thickness of tension suffocating her. Then she heard Volkova's foot steps and a click of a lighter. She could smell the cigarette smoke, tickling the entrance of her notrils.

Lena had never seen Volkova's display of emotions like she just witnessed.

"You belive in love Katina?" The familiar sultry voice, but not quite seductive beckoned at the red head.

Now this question, she knew. She answered almost immediately.

"Yes, ma'am."

Then she could hear the brunette smirk. Wrong answer.

"No... Love... hahaha... That's just a fucking fairy tale. Something those book writers made up to entrance their readers into buying their heap of crap. Or possibly it could be a Hallmark thing, just to shove up more love cards and chocolates up our ignorant asses at Valentines Day."

Lena could feel her heart beat rise from anger. She clenched her fist, trying to think of happy things. Anything but what Volkova was talking about.

"They just fucking chew you up and spit you out. Leave you for dead. Cryings no use because it'll fucking hurt more. Then after the water works all you think about is death and how wonderful it is to fucking cut yourself cuz you're on a point where you feel fucking NOTHING cuz of the pain inside... Gnawing at you... Eating you alive...." Lena heard Volkova cough, trying to catch her breath. "Shit.."

A moment after the red head heard Volkova curse she hesistantly looked up. She saw Volkova, desperately rummaging through her drawers, then taking out a orange container filled with white unknown pills. Then she saw her shoving five of them in her mouth then sealing them closed with her hand.

When the brunette forced the swallow she parted her mouth, trying to catch her breath.

"Are you alright, ma'am?"

"Shut up. When you're working with me, you will not show me your pity shit, understood?"

.....'What happened to you...?' "Yes, ma'am."

"Dismissed."

What the hell was going on with her? Yulia sighed, collapsing on her chair, looking out the window as the red head sulked out of the office. The dance of the sunlight on her face reminded of her life at the hospital.

She reluctantly clutched at her chest where her heart should be and closed her eyes. She felt it steady its beat. She sighed again in relief.

......What the hell was going on with her? She didn't have to use those pills for two years since she blocked all her emotions in that hospital. Why now? Was Katina the reason?

Her eyes narrowed, thinking.

Why was Katina bringing up her emotions now? Why her, of all people?

She shut her eyes blocking off all the ideas shooting off her brain. But on the back of her lids, she could remember that day when she crashed her car. Why she was speeding in the first place and doing the stupidest things she could imagine.

Suddenly another surge of erratic thumping commenced from her heart, Her clutch respondedly tightened as she remembered.

[The night when Yulia crashed]

2:58 a.m.

Valentine's Day.

The music was blaring, practically giving a flase feeling of an earthquake. The bass boomed off the speakers, giving many a headache, and the rest the wild night they were looking for.

Sweaty people danced through five hours straight, drunk people drank through five hours straight. And the rest, trying to find a place to either fuck of get stoned as hell, and then fuck.

Yulia came bouncing out from the dance floor with sweat matted hair and a panting breath. Her face was full of expression, the aura of individuality just screaming off of her.

This was the original officer Volkova, a couple of days before she decided to be a total dud. She smiled, flashing her white teeth, and making her look as if she was glowing. She was truly beautiful. No dull icy eyes, only the passionate shine within. No empty soul, only the burst of life claiming everyone around her.

She bounded towards one of the couches where an attractive honey coloured hair woman sat, talking to another blonde. Yulia just plopped next to the other brunette, brushing her a light kiss on the cheek.

"Hey sexy. Wanna dance through the whole night?" Yulia asked the brunette, her hand caressing the other woman. The other woman silently broke off her conversation with the blonde, turning to Yulia.

"Yulia... You just scared away my new friend." Yulia snorted before burying her face on the crook of the woman's neck. Her smothered words were heard barely.

"Sofia.... You never dance with me anymore... Come on... pleeeeeease??" Sofia's eyes softened before urging Yulia's face up with her forehead.

"Honey, why don't I meet you there? I'll just go get a drink from the bar and join you. Does that sound good?" Yulia jumped up at the suggestion and galloped back to the dance floor with a sheepish grin. Sofia just pityingly smiled before heading the other way to the bar.

Yulia busied herself with other people, dancing her ass off. But ten minutes passed, and there was no trace of Sofia. And then twenty minutes, then thirty, then forty.

Yulia pushed through the damp crowd, searching the bar with her eyes. Signs of Sofia were no where to be found. She paced herself to the bartender.

"Yo, Drink man! You seen a honey brunette around here?!" Yulia screamed her question, trying to outspeak the booming music.

"Is she the one who always orders rum and coke?!" Yulia's eyes brightened as she nodded.

"She went to the bathroom with some blonde, boobs and legs!!" Her widened eyes shifted wildly in confusion. She practically ran towards the bathroom and turned the knob. It was locked.

No.... Sofia wouldn't do that. Would she?

Her lips pursed into a angered notion as she backed up. Then she hurled herself to the door, smashing it open.

Then there it was, a sight to behold. Sofia and the blonde she saw earlier talking to her, tangled up with each other against the stall door. The blonde's mouth was latched up on Sofia's most private place, and Sofia's fingers were dug under the heap of musky blonde hair.

The couple froze in place and the neck snapped to Yulia. The two of them immeidately wrapped it up and pulled back their clothes on. Yulia just stood there, aghast. The blonde shot through the door, hitting Yulia's side with her shoulders while at it.

Yulia followed suit, then grabbed the blonde by a hanging sleeve and pulled her back.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?! And especailly after screwing my girlfriend?!" The blonde whirled around and met Yulia's piercing blue eyes, welled up with tears and untamable fury bubbling inside.

The blonde jerked Yulia's hand away before trying to walk out of the club again. But Yulia didn't let this piece of meat get away.

She grabbed the blonde again and shoved her back against a wall. Then she bunched up her collar, grabbing it then drew her fist back....

"Ma'am?"

Yulia snapped out of her thought and twirled her chair towards the sound of a voice.

"Sofia?"

"....Ma'am?" The hopeful sound of Volkova's voice startled the red head. As soon as Yulia saw the red head poking her head inside the dimly lit office, her face grew rigid.

From Yulia to Volkova in seconds. A transformation she depended her whole life on.

"What is it Katina?"

"It's ten. We better get a move on if we want our Field to happen."

Volkova nodded slowly, her eyes glossing into a dull and icy gaze once again. She gruffily stood up, grabbing her coat, scarf and a hat.

"Let's go then."

[something bads gonna happen to lena... and something goods gonna happen to yulia.... and i really should get a move on for the other fic... what was it called again?? kidding!]
~~~~~~~~~~~
*Yawn*~ ...Is it alright if I hold you through the night...?