View Single Post
Old 25-03-2010, 06:07   #235
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
I'm not talking about lobbyists. I'm talking about true corruption in American politics. Just because people aren't being hauled off and murdered does not mean the USA is not corrupt. True corruption are things like banks, companies like MERS and the breaking up of millions of mortgages in the united states, putting them into a pool and allowing various companies to purchase these pieces to proceed with foreclosures. Something the government is aware of and allows to happen despite being illegal. ENRON, John Yoo and his dirty work for Bush, The Patriot Act, torture in the middle east and GITMO, the E-mail issues in the white house during Bush's administration, dismissing the US Attorney's in 2006 and tons of other issues involving the testing of chemical agents in New York City subways by the Army and other medical experiments carried out with the consciousness of our government. That's true corruption my dear Alex.
All good points and also under a different administration. Bush was corrupt, I know that better than most. And banks being corrupt, umm absolutely, I could give you far worse examples from when I worked for Bank of America... But all of this was allowed under a different administration than the current one. And banks are not the government, and interceding in the business practices of private corporations is not easy to do.

The corruption issue under the Bush administration came from people like Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and the architect of it all Karl Rove. Those people are slowly being made to answer for their crimes under the current administrations in the White House and Congress... But the process is slow and inquiries need to be completely to build cases against them. The banks are being dealt with, but that also takes quite a bit of time... and the Republicans stalling the Senate does not help speed up the process. Bush should have been impeached in the beginning of his second term and probably would have been had the Democrats gained control over the Senate or the House in 2004, rather than 2006... At that point it really wasn't worth the hassle.

I was speaking mainly about the Obama Administration though. There is far less corruption in the current administration than the last one. But this is usually the case with a Democrat in office, at least over the last 40-50 years (Johnson being the exception, but he's also from Texas). Prisoners at GITMO are finally being put on trial or at least things have been put into motion to finally put them on trial. Obama respects the law, Bush always thought (and wrongly) he was above the law.

Obama can't undue all the damage done by Bush and his lackeys in a year... it takes far longer to fix things than it does to destroy them and Bush had 8 years to truly fuck this country up. I still have faith in this Administration to right many of the wrongs of the previous one. Patience is the key.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes