View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 15:47   #910
Trust no1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
Quote:
The entire point is that Lena is not t.A.T.u....
I never said she was, nor did any one else.

Quote:
the woman needs to get her ass out to more than one gig a month...
She can do as many or as few gigs as she wants to. What you want is irrelevant.

Quote:
actually perform quality songs...
She does. They are good pop/rock songs, and while they may not set the world on fire, I think a lot of people will like them.

Quote:
In the amount of time they have had, good songs and a lack of them should not be a problem.
Writing songs is easy, writing good songs is more difficult. The end result has got to be something people will want to listen to over time.

Quote:
Renski ... been the entire problem with things being produced and released on time
I don't know the internal workings of Lena's management, so I can't comment. However things seem to be moving along quickly enough, as far as I can see.

Quote:
The fact that NGGU and ATTSS are big hits is exactly why it's stupid to perform them.
No, the fact that they are the big hits is exactly why Lena should perform them. I hope you never go into band management, as you don't seem to have grasped the way things are done. Remember the idea is to make money, and therefore you compromise - do what you want to do, and what the fans want to hear/see.

Quote:
She's not establishing her own sound
Oh for goodness sake that's exactly what she is doing.

Quote:
she's establishing herself as a piece of washed up early 2000's pop music
Rubbish.

Quote:
Newsflash: Nobody cares.
No, you don't care, which is why I wonder why you are still here.

In Lena's case, she only has one album, and that hasn't even been released yet. What do you expect her to do - oh that's right, do a concert comprising of new songs nobody's heard yet. Yes, that's going to be successful

Quote:
Just to add: I wouldn't mind if Lena sang some tatu songs, but doing the "best of tatu" from three albums, 2/3 of the performance, and here and there a few new ones, which sound older than the demo tapes of the first album, and not at least as creative as the worst product written for tatu, makes the whole project pathetic. Change is urgently needed. This is a barrel burst.
OK, let's look at her set list for The Troubadour:

Running Blind - Tatu - Never performed live before
Fly on the Wall - Tatu - Never performed live before
ATTSS - Tatu
World - New
Craving - Tatu - Never performed live before
Cosmos - Tatu
HSIN - Smith's Cover
IRS - New
Just A Day - New
Lost In Love - New
Show Me Love - Tatu
So Not Cool - New
Stay - New
30 Minutes - Tatu
NGGU - Tatu

Tatu - 8 - 3 of which Tatu never performed
New - 6
Cover - 1

I think that's reasonable for someone starting out as a solo performer, after the previous band imploded.

I don't really want to get into tedious arguments about this, it's just that I think everyone should give Lena a chance to establish herself before condemning her as useless, when she hasn't even released her first solo album.