Thread: Taty = WRONG
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 00:38   #1
no....

Lightbulb Taty = WRONG

This is my pet peeve and as being a member of this forum since it was restarted in Dec 2002 and seeing this problem reoccur OVER AND OVER AND OVER, well, i just can't take it anymore.
And over and over again i see people commonly calling TATU = TATY or Taty. This is just plain wrong. You CAN'T use roman letters to represent cyrillic. I mean,
you guys write TATY - 200 Po Vstrechnoi? and it's a mix of technique. You should write TATY - 200 no BCTPEhHOU and you have to agree that doesn't look right.

There is a difference between the characters; look:
Tt = Тт
Aa = Аа <--not so much here
Tt = Тт
Yy = Уу

so look t т and Y У
DIFFERENT!

Notice how the lower case T(т vs. t) in cyrillic doesn't have the curve at the bottom and that the Uppercase U (У vs. Y) the cyrillic U symbol has a curve unlike the English Y.

I understand that some people are just trying to distinguish the difference between RUSSIAN ТАТУ and ENGLISH TATU. But you don't need to! they are the SAME BAND. You don't need to drive me crazy with this mistake... SO PLEASE O PLEASE! TRANSLITERATE. Save me from the insane asylum and DON'T WRITE TATY! Write TATU or Tatu or t.A.T.u. or t.a.t.u. or tATu or use cyrillic ТАТУ or т.А.Т.у. or тАТу

:: the GURGI has spoken ::

Last edited by thegurgi; 04-09-2003 at 03:42.