View Single Post
Old 27-02-2004, 16:04   #226
Участник

I'll first start with thanking sunny poison for bringing these detailed and highly interesting reports to us. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have known much about what's going on with Tatu.

I missed this discussion last time, and I'm sorry if I'm too off-topic here. On a meta-level, I agree that intelligence is a very wide concept, and suffice it to say that I don't consider reproduction of knowledge to be very indicative of "higher" thinking. Opening myself up for easy bashing, I think Yulia has shown in several interviews/press conferences that she can be both very witty and clever. I have in mind for instance the Eurovision press conferences, the Barpolsat interview, the Ptyuch interview (simon once made a fascinating analysis on that one ) etc. Think of all the quick replies to journalists, answers with double meanings, paradoxal jokes, the ambiguous game they are playing (generally), bluffing/double bluffing using sarcasm etc.; and even though they are asked the same questions over and over again, their thinking is sufficiently excentric and non-standard to still find ways of approaching the questions in a different and creative manner.

As doteurovision.com (all the better that it's not a Tatu fansite) said about the first Eurovision press conference: "The Press Conference for the Russian Delegation will live in Eurovision folklore and legend for many a year to come. It was, quite simply, the smartest, most impactual piece of playing the media at their own game I have ever seen. Those girls have balls! And boy were they batting them back at the Press as hard as they could! Good on 'em! I am sick of the same standard answers to inane questions at these things given by simpering little upstarts."

Didn't Yulia's former headmaster even say that Yulia had very good grades in the Japanese Broadcaster interview? I can't imagine that she would have been admitted to Gnessin, which is Russia's finest musical education, for nothing. During the first year of Tatu, Yulia was still attending Gnessin before she quit (or was thrown out depending on what sources you read) and apart from this, she has a classical education.

Quote:
Originally posted by xena225
How many 19-year-old millionaires with world fame are on this forum, I wonder?