Thread: Mexico
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2007, 04:41   #1
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by novayamodel View Post
I'm sorry... But I have to disagree with that.
Mexico is a very racist country. Now don't get offended. My father is Mexican and I've been living there for many years now. So I know how the people are in there.
I know that not all Mexicans are racist... But it seems the mayority is...

Like you said... white Mexicans, hate the
dark Mexicans and the Dark Mexicans hate the white Mexicans.
But they're also racist with other foreigners.
I've met a Russian guy... he doens't speak that much... He's always carrying with him a "Russian to English Dictionary... many Mexicans get close to me only to say things like "Russians are idiots..." or "Smells like Russian shit",(Geez.. what a way to start a coversation...), stuff like that... always making fun of him simply 'cause he doesn't understand Spanish. And yet people do not know him. And do not want to make the effort to get to know him.

There are lots of Chinese people as well, and boy, do the Mexicans hate them...
They're more terrible with them... I dunno why... but it seems they hate Chinese people with a passion... Saying things like "Chino cochino" (Wich translates as something as "filthy Chinese pig") ... When they talk, the Mexican openly make fun of them in their faces... Imitating them and sayin "what did you said? Reapeat again!". They scream at them, yell at them... It's sad...
"Speak Sapnish! this is Mexico! If you want to speak Chinese, go back to your filthy country."

I'm also been a victim of racism... from adults and teachers.
I was born in US but at the age of 13, I went to live and study in Mexico.
The teachers hated me, simply because I'm American.

I remember on my first day at Junior High, my History teacher, started to call out our names, but she didn't mention my name... I got close and said quietly... "Um... You forgot to mention me..."
She quickly snapped at me and said "You're American. How is that I know you're American? Because you're rude and selfish".

I felt terrible. And it was weird because that was the first time I've talked to her... So how was I rude and selfish?

Not only her... my art teacher hated me as well... Even though I draw nicely... I never got good grades because my teacher said she doesn't accept "American Art". Whatever that means...

And this goes on and on...
What part of Mexico did you go to?

Now you make me believe, that Mexicans are racist only in some places.
Because where im from (Durango, Mexico) There wasnt any racism.
I know in Mexico City they are like that. Just cause they live in the
capital of Mexico they think they are all that and all rich, but they suck.
Where my brother lives, there are alot of French and Asian.
I asked him about how they are treated and he said they are treated
like people. No racist comments said to them..or anything bad..
Do you look American?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set