Thread: Eurovision 2006
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2006, 00:53   #60
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff
three posts in a row... am i the only one interested in eurovision here?anyway so far we got about 28 songs,and this week entries of 6 countries has been picked.the most interesting one is without doubt the finnish entry.they got a metal band Lordi!believe it?its called
hard rock hallelujah you can have the song here.

Lordi-Hard Rock Hallelujah
Yeah, good but that was done back in 1985...though from what I've seen they must be zombies
The songs seem like a rehash of the 2005 Eurovision song contest. Spain had an a Las Ketchup song last year, and now they're bringing the original group UK did a rap song ( done by Ukraine last year, so they're once again behind ). Sweden went for the 60's last year, this time it is Denmark - lets twist! - Norway went for the "ethnic" sound ( done by Andorra last year and Belgium the year before ) Bosnia for the very welcome Balkan ballad ( done by Serbia and Croatia last year and the year before ). Albania's song sounds just like their last year's entry A few Abba-isms ( what were they thinking in Portugal ) Cyprus went for a boring ballad ( a la Netherlands etc. ) and Belgium...well, I'm sure we've heard it before, the fact that Kate Ryan is a little known in Europe may push the song a bit but no way favourite, probably an early victim.
I think the quirky one I like so far is Serbia's ( that might shake the roof ) and the more accessibly one from Turkey. These two are definitely more interesting than the rest.
In all, I think it's gonna be a classic Eurovision weekend!

PS. oops by Serbia I meant Croatia. Serbia has not chosen yet

Last edited by spyretto; 13-03-2006 at 01:20.