View Single Post
Old 25-01-2005, 22:32   #6
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
I don't personally have aproblem with polygamy, however if legalized (at least this is true of the US) polygamy could cause a lot of legal problems. For example when one gets married your spouse becomes your next of kin and should something happen to you, they ahve every legal right to make medical and financial decisions on your behalf. If you die and you don't have a will, everthing goes to your spouse.

What happens if a person has more than one spouse? Does the first wife get everything? If so what's the point of having more than one legal spouse? I think there are several legal questions that should be given serious thought and discussion to before any country chooses to legalize it.

My other question is, why does it need to be legalized in the sense that, the government has to acknowldge the multiple spouses? Wouldn't it be easier, from a leagl stand point, to have one legal spouse and the others one could easily be marry in a church without the marriage license, there by making the other marriages religious marriages?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes