Thread: Any fans left?
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2003, 05:09   #54
Echoes among the Stars

darje, I understand what you're saying, but I find it difficult to be 'disappointed' in anyone here ... We all had different ideas about tatu, come from different backgrounds, different ways of thinking about the world. Please don't be so quick to judge, eh darje? We are all different people and this documentary hasn't affected us all the same; that doesn't mean one person is doing 'right' and the others are just 'being tasteless'

Saying someone shouldn't be feeling pain doesn't make it go away, and remember that even though the cause of suffering might seem silly or 'unreal' the pain is always, always real.

I had a friend who was a very idealistic, literary sort of person who always thought of Paris as a wonderful romantic city; when she first went there on vacation she ended up spending the first night arguing with her husband because she was so disappointed that it didn't live up to the expectations she'd let get so high without even realizing it. There are similar stories and themes in authors like Proust as well ... I've never felt that way - disappointed in something that I loved or discovered something I didn't like as much about them - but maybe that's just for me personally, and it can break my heart when a friend is devastated over something that for me makes no difference at all (and that I think should make no difference)

There's nothing to be gained by attacking or otherwise 'fighting' each other, I feel.

Last edited by russkayatatu; 18-12-2003 at 05:24.