View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 08:34   #60
Santa's bodyguard

Re: Re: Re: this really is a great thread:)

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
Words: yes. But grammatical structures? Excuse me? Like what?

Plus: you surely must admit that bosinan and croatian are much more similar then then croatian and slovene.

To emhasize my point I will post a sample text from cool's link. First the slovene, then croatian, bosnian langauge and finally original text in english:

Sample text in Slovene
Vsi ljudje se rodijo svobodni in imajo enako dostojanstvo in enake pravice. Obdarjeni so z razumom in vestjo in bi morali ravnati drug z drugim kakor bratje.

Croatian sample text
Sva ljudska biжa raрaju se slobodna i jednaka u dostojanstvu i pravima. Ona su obdarena razumom i svijeљжu i trebaju jedna prema drugima postupati u duhu bratstva.

Bosnian sample text
Sva ljudska biжa raрaju se slobodna i jednaka u dostojanstvu i pravima. Ona su obdarena razumom i svijeљжu i treba da jedno prema drugome postupaju u duhu bratstva.

Translation
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

You will notice that the sample text's in croatian and bosinan are EXACTLY the same, while Slovenian is different. How can two different languages (like you claim bosnian and croatian are) have same sample texts? That's imposible. And Serbian text is indentical as well, with the exception that it's writen in Cyrillic.

Ahem, no ofense but do you read your own posts? I trebaju jedna prema drugima postupati u duhu bratstva vs. i treba da jedno prema drugome postupaju u duhu bratstva.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.