View Single Post
Old 14-08-2003, 20:34   #181
My Waking Hour

Quote:
spyretto
yes it was me who created this nomination and i really had u in my mind while creating it. u want me to explain. i will. this is a "Tatysite Awards". it was never meant to be a bashing thing. and it isn't. u are one of the persons on this (and some other forums) that i respect the most. and i really mean it. as u see u got my vote in 'most opionated' as well. it's the nomination everyone can interprete the way he wants but for me it was: person who has strong opinions and can argue his/her case really well. all ppl i voted for there are ones like that. when i created 'cynic award' it wasn't supposed to offend anyone in any way. it should be something the opposite to the 'dreamer award' (that i got myself for some reason. forre? what for? do i really deserve it? heh... i AM a dreamer sometimes but there are def ppl who deserves this award more. anyway, thanks i was pleased to get it). i don't know, guess this nomination should be more concrete *takes all the shame spyretto's put at her*. may be it's the mentality or language thing, but at least in Russia we have the concept of 'healthy cynicism'. and that's what i really meant. it was an award for 'person who is able to have both legs on the ground when there are so many dreamers around'. nothing more. it was a positive nomination for me. but if it offended u:
Thanks for the explanation, sunny. I wouldn't say I felt very comfortable with that award but everything's cool, the awards were given in a kinda gay mood...and
there's also the dirty old man award, not to forget

About Tatugirls, I didn't mean anything in particular, just wanted to make you wonder as I did when I saw my award, which is what all good cynics do...

No, I'm kidding

what I really meant is that I remember people nomitating me for more "flattering" awards there...by the way, did you know that the word cynic derives from the Greek word for "dog"?

Quote:
i want to make a public apology to spyretto for being such an asshole and nominating Spy for this stupid award wich meaning i didn't explain well enough. i didn't really mean to be rude or something... but ur tomatoes and eggs are def what i deserved if it offended this wonderful person in any way.

*takes some tomato juice from her head and smells her fingers to check if it were really tomatoes that were thrown on her coz the thing really stinks*
In Greece we also like to throw stale yogurt..

wonderful" person? hmm, sunny I think just the explanation above was sufficient

I think I overreacted

Last edited by spyretto; 14-08-2003 at 20:56.