View Single Post
Old 25-03-2010, 02:44   #234
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
There's a huge difference between not trusting your government because they are a bunch of moronic retards... and having a truly corrupt government that murders people for the fun of it or because someone disagrees with them.

Our government is in serious need of some new blood and a slap in face to bring them back to reality, but you are not going to be hauled off by secret police and shot in the back of the head in a field somewhere for voicing your opinions. That is true corruption my dear Timmy.

I'm not saying that our government doesn't have issues, but the laws are still followed and we still have our rights. That is not the case in a lot of places. China is a hugely corrupt place, Sudan... I don't think I need to explain why Sudan is a corrupt government. Russia is pretty corrupt look no further than Putin.

Lobbyists have always been a part of American Politics and they always will be, out entire system was set up around that, the very fact that we have Political Parties in the first place makes them a necessity. It's not corruption if the system is working the way it was designed to work. The problem here is the general apathy of the public and the fact that fewer and fewer constituents are becoming active in politics as their own lobbying groups. So naturally the corporations are winning the battle for influence. But that's not true corruption.
I'm not talking about lobbyists. I'm talking about true corruption in American politics. Just because people aren't being hauled off and murdered does not mean the USA is not corrupt. True corruption are things like banks, companies like MERS and the breaking up of millions of mortgages in the united states, putting them into a pool and allowing various companies to purchase these pieces to proceed with foreclosures. Something the government is aware of and allows to happen despite being illegal. ENRON, John Yoo and his dirty work for Bush, The Patriot Act, torture in the middle east and GITMO, the E-mail issues in the white house during Bush's administration, dismissing the US Attorney's in 2006 and tons of other issues involving the testing of chemical agents in New York City subways by the Army and other medical experiments carried out with the consciousness of our government. That's true corruption my dear Alex.