View Single Post
Old 15-06-2006, 20:44   #4
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
hmm, I guess I don't know that many Germans. I had a few exchange students in a couple classes in high school and I didn't notice anything like what you're describing. Then again I don't live in Europe and I've never been to Germany, so I'll take your word for it.

But what you're describing sounds a like Americans adversion to the took of Japanese decendants' internment during World War II. I took an advanced placement course in US history and I don't recall ever hearing about it. The only time it was ever mentioned was in my senior English class because we read "Snow Falling on Cedars" which discusses the incident in detail. From what I understand, the silence about it stems from deep seeded shame about the detainment of innocent people. While as ar as I know no one was murdered, I can certainly understand why the German people might not want to be remind of five years of total inhumanity.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes