View Single Post
Old 14-04-2006, 02:28   #64
pie crust

Anouk, sorry to hear about your back! My uncle's is the same.

I still don't understand what jobs they are 'stealing' so to say. I mean, I'm not sure what kind of eastern europeans move to Holland but I'm guess it's the same as those who move here, when it comes to age group.

So these people are usually middle-aged or so, and they most likely don't know English well. That's why I asked if you would want to work with construction or cleaning, because that's usually the jobs that they get. As it was already mentioned before, these are no "good" jobs so to say, I mean, they can pay you rent but that's pretty much it.

And they probably get the jobs because, you know, they don't mind working long hours for less money than you would get, so of course the companies take them instead.. next time you're on an interview tell them they can pay the same amount to you as they pay immigrants. If you get the same amount of hours and work I'm sure you would quit soon enough (I know I would... eeek!)

Besides, I'm positive that if you owned a company, you would be perfectly fine with immigrants working for you, for cheaaap. I know I would. And that's really how the companies are thinking, so maybe you should complain about them instead of the immigrants who steal your jobs.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]