View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 22:05   #8
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
I thought that she qualified to the national final?
Yes, of course she is. But she has not won it and with time other artists get better chances (when the artistical value gets less important than the economical one). Well, Prihod'ko isn't very rich, she won Russia's qualification because of her (meanwhile ex-)producer Konstantin Meladze and the wife of the boss of Channel One (Nastya's artistical and executive Star Factory producers). If bribe (main sport in Ukraine!) and advertising plays the dominating role then A.R.M.I.A should be the winner. Producer Yurij Nikitin has five successful girlgroups running (plus Verka Serdyuchka), which brings him more money than any other project of the contest.

Quote:
I love Jamala's and Prikhodko's songs too but I love Kukushka more
Jamala gets really good only late in the song. I think the song is not competitive enough to win. Prihod'ko's song is quite an image change. Not sure if her fans will support her enough.

Quote:
What about Russian selection? I don't know anything about it.
Insider joke: Russia wants to get into the Guiness Book. On one day they will publish the conditions of participation, make the selection and prepare everything necessary for the departure of the winner to Germany.