View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 21:25   #14
winter days ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
I really don't want to sound racist or whatever and I'm certainly no expert on Isam but according to this website:

Can someone Muslim here please comment on that? I'd like to know if that is true if the truth is being blurred? Thank you!
i believe the truth is being blurred here

i can lend some other angles to all of this if youd like but it will take quite a bit of time [unfortunately im really busy most of the time]

suffice to say, im a peace loving pacifist and im muslim by birth and also by choice. i _choose_ to be a muslim and i like to think its for the right reasons after studying islam for a number of years, not practising it for years and then slowly starting to practise it again.

this is such an overwhelmingly large topic to tackle. and id have no idea where to start really but the things i was taught and read in many different texts completely contradict many hate mongering sites that spew vitriol about islam [like the one quoted above by rachel

conversly there are also many sites/texts glorifying islam. i believe in a middle road and i try to work daily to keep on that middle road.

im so tired of people hijacking islam in its true sense and using it to force their will on other people when the very foundations of islam, the biggest tenent on which it is built is peace.

in fact the greeting of all muslims translated to english is "may the peace and blessings of god be upon you"