Thread: Battle Royale
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 15:43   #9
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa
Yeah well, in the first one 39 students die in the course of two hours. Want it or not, that's slower than 30 students dead in 45 minutes.

... I mean, at one point while watching the sequel, I had to pause and recount who had died and who was still alive because so many people were getting killed within short spans of time I had no idea who had lived through it.
Hmm...yes. I guess there was quite a few dead only in those 30 min I saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa
I don't get why so many people didn't like the sequel.
I didn't like the sequel cause I didn't think it brought anything new compared to the first one. Ok, I stopped watching after maybe 30 minuntes so after that of course, i don't know. But basically the story was the same as the first one. Students are brought to an island where they are forced to kill each other for survival. That story line was sort of breaking new ground with the first movie but the second one became just a gory, somewhat comical movie with a lot of killing (I guess more than the first one) since we already knew the story. It just had nothing new.

Edti: Btw, I don't know if the movie was released here (Sweden). I'm quite sure it was never shown in movie theatres at least so I don't know the "public opinion" of this film.

Last edited by angelmouse; 04-05-2006 at 19:19.