Thread: Eurovision 2006
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2006, 23:18   #510
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmad
I couldnt get a chance to watch the performances.But I didnt like the winner song.was it really the best?
That of course is a matter of opinion and what "the best" means to you subjectively. Best at what? Performance? Nope. Originality? Yup. Lyrics? Nope. Music? One of the top 10 for sure.

So again... knewitknewitknewitknewit... Pure gold: mesh together HIM, The Darkness, Alice Cooper and KISS, create a unique tacky band from their integral parts.... then send them to a kitchfest such as Eurovision - usually dominated by tasteless ballads and gaudy ethno chic - and take a comfortable victory. Priceless, eh?

I think Russia deserved it's high placing (liked it better now that it caught my ear), as well as Bosnia (same thing and Hari Mata Hari was flawless). Lituania though?! WTF?! 12 points from UK? The same country that gave Tatu 0 in 2003. The shame. THE SHAME.

EDIT: TV Slovenia reports there were some critics in Finland before the show got started who were claiming their competitor is a national embarrassment.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.