View Single Post
Old 17-10-2004, 10:35   #4
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
An interesting , "good" and dramatic clip.....the cultural identity problem is very well shown here...
Of course this clip is a "dilemn"...i mean should has it to be shown or not ?....because it could be received , read, seen with two radical opposite views....

1/Some of people will show it in thinking ....Oh! Americans treat her badly , she is right to have such thoughts....and will see her as an exemple of courage...-->So it would be a validation of the Terrorism (even if she doesn't make explose the bomb ..the thoughts were there..)

2/Others would think: oOf course it's bad to be judged like that ...but is it because you are judged like that that you have to kill people in return ?.....
...I mean is this act , in a such case, justified by a true and deep "feeling of ""Cultural identity"""(i know the words are not the good here...that's why I write them between double "" ""....just have to try to find the good words to change them...so no offense here please...) or just by a "personnal hurt " which uses a "political or ideological problem " to solve it ...so a personnal reveange....
Is this girl really "FREE" of her acts...or does she just acts under the PRESURE of her parents and her education ?.....

A lot of questions.....

So ...i don't really know what to think about this clip...
I mean
-if it makes some people thinking about the tolerance and the respect of others idea, i would say it's a good clip....

-if it makes 99 persons thinking about the tolerance and the respect of others idea BUT encourages just 1 person to kill in giving to him/her some "valable reason"...i would say it's a Very Dangereous Clip....

The power of Media is very strong ...so ......I don't know!