View Single Post
Old 24-02-2004, 10:19   #178
Участник

Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by dollparts3000
Yulia and Lena left Ivan! (not the other way around) Remember, this might also be a publicity stunt! He's not ditching tatu, he's just opening a new project. They knew from the start, that Tatu would probably end when they turned 20 or 21. It's a fact. He's not ditching them. If anything, the public will probably lose interested when Yulia and Lena hit 21 or 22 which is why Ivan will focus less attention on Tatu. If something is not profiting, there is no point of investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in it, not to mention time. It is a fact.
I agree with the "Yulia and Lena left Ivan"-part. I think that's become very obvious according to the reports posted here.

I don't agree on the idea that tATu would have to end so early because of age issues. It all depends on how the group would be allowed to develop, and seeing as Lena and Yulia have become quite confident and assertive during the last couple of months, they of course would want to have a say in it - as they should. I wouldn't have a problem at all with tATu as grown-up women - quite the contrary - and let's face it, the schoolgirl image has been a thing of the past for a long long time now. They've matured before our eyes, and had the creative part of the project blossomed and matured in the same way, tAtu would still be on top. I don't think the audience has lost interest at all (they are still winning prestigious awards, they are still generating headlines, so the public interest is definitely still there) - Lena and Yulia have great talent, great personalities, great chemistry, great professionalism - so why shouldn't they continue to be successful artists (as tAtu)? But creative standstill is lethal for any group, and I blame Ivan for that. From all I've read Lena and Yulia wanted to record a new album, to get new material out for the fans and themselves, and Ivan obviously wasn't capable or willing to do this for too long. Now more problems have arisen which seemingly have widened the gap between Lena&Yulia on one side and Ivan on the other. So these are in my opinion the reasons it may all end, not the fact that tAtu would have to come to an end with Lena and Yulia turning 21.

Should tAtu really come to and, I do hope Lena & Yulia will continue as a duet (as both of them say), because they still have a lot to give us as great artists and as sparkling personalities.

xena225