View Single Post
Old 15-01-2006, 02:48   #6

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
21 Michigan 99 Kerry Illegal
You have GOT to be kidding me! The last four elections have gone for the Democrat in Michigan. And the last time a Republican won, in 1988, was with only 53%. George W. has never won anything in Michigan, not even the 2000 primary election (John McCain).

Unfortunately, as of Election 2004, homosexual marriage is strictly forbidden in Michigan. But that's not what you're talking about here, is it? You're talking about, like, sodomy laws, right? Whether it is actually a crime on the books to have homosexual sex. If that's what you mean, then I can't see how it makes any sense for it to be illegal in Michigan. The homosexual population here is too high, and it's just too liberal of a state. I mean there is a gay man in our State House of Representatives. Not my rep, but very close to my area. I've heard him speak in person before. Despite the passage of the gay marriage ban (which I think wouldn't have passed if people knew more about it, that it would take away rights from homosexuals that they had enjoyed for years), I do believe that overall, Michigan is supportive towards gays - especially where I live. My county was one of only two in the state that voted against the proposal. And it just so happens that both counties contain the two largest universities in the state - something that I think is no coincidence.

I definitely agree with the overall conclusion here.