View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 16:57   #986
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post

She can do as many or as few gigs as she wants to. What you want is irrelevant.
Correction. What you believe is irrelevant. You do not establish a brand or a name by doing the least number of shows possible - something t.A.T.u. and anyone involved with Renski is known for. Whether you believe this or not, it is truth.

Quote:

She does. They are good pop/rock songs, and while they may not set the world on fire, I think a lot of people will like them.
A lot of people like Craving, Gomenasai, Snegopady and many other t.A.T.u. songs. But, they're only known for All The Things She Said or possibly Not Gonna Get us. The songs that set the world on fire.

Quote:
Writing songs is easy, writing good songs is more difficult. The end result has got to be something people will want to listen to over time.
Exactly? - Don't write music if you don't write good music. End of the story.

Quote:
I don't know the internal workings of Lena's management, so I can't comment. However things seem to be moving along quickly enough, as far as I can see.
Two shows. Possible album release. - A decent progress for the album maybe, but for Lena's brand. No way. She doesn't even have a following past 200 loyal fans that would purchase her album.

Quote:
No, the fact that they are the big hits is exactly why Lena should perform them. I hope you never go into band management, as you don't seem to have grasped the way things are done. Remember the idea is to make money, and therefore you compromise - do what you want to do, and what the fans want to hear/see.
Aha! The fact that you, who is blatantly ignoring every important aspect of band management, have the audacity to tell me how to properly do it is probably the most amusing thing on the interwebz to date. | The idea for Renski is to make money - while appearing overly creative of course. As a newcomer trying to establish her own sound, Lena should not be performing any t.A.T.u. music - especially the hits. t.A.T.u. is not Lena Katina, that is the sole purpose of why she is now a solo artist. So please inform me why t.A.T.u. discography is still a part of her setlist? This is the Lena Katina Solo Project, not the Lena Katina Cover Band. - And I'm sorry, but you're an idiot if you think she has any fans outside the t.A.T.u. network. Nobody even knows who she is other than the random people that still remember her name from Milwaukee's Pridefest. It's not like there are millions of people eagerly awaiting Lena Katina's new record. If Renski and Lena's goal is to please current fans, they can kiss new ones outside of the t.A.T.u. spectrum goodbye - because they will never increase their fan base like this.

Quote:
Oh for goodness sake that's exactly what she is doing.
No, it is not. She has some of her own material yes. But it is only being recognized because she is flaunting herself as a former part of t.A.T.u. - You cannot work both ends of the street. You cannot establish your own sound while retaining your image as a former t.A.T.u. member.

Quote:
Rubbish.
All The Things She Said - Released: August 18, 2002
Not Gonna Get Us - Released: May 5, 2003

Sounds like early 2000's pop music to me. The facts do not lie.

Quote:
No, you don't care, which is why I wonder why you are still here.
I am hear to preach truth to people that would otherwise be swept away in this wave of bullshit you're torching out faster than even the Republic party is capable of doing.

Quote:
In Lena's case, she only has one album, and that hasn't even been released yet. What do you expect her to do - oh that's right, do a concert comprising of new songs nobody's heard yet. Yes, that's going to be successful
Case and point - you have no idea what you are talking about. The reason an artist puts on more than one show a month is because they are promoting their music. In Lena's case, it would be prudent to play good music in clubs around L.A. and other cities in order to circulate her brand and her new music. While many people may not know her live music at first, it's safe to say that even fewer people will actually purchase the album containing this music if they do not know it in the first place. And in case you didn't notice, t.A.T.u. was a bit of a failure for the most part - why do the exact same thing with the exception of Yulia being absent. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Quote:
OK, let's look at her set list for The Troubadour:

Running Blind - Tatu - Never performed live before
Fly on the Wall - Tatu - Never performed live before
ATTSS - Tatu
World - New
Craving - Tatu - Never performed live before
Cosmos - Tatu
HSIN - Smith's Cover
IRS - New
Just A Day - New
Lost In Love - New
Show Me Love - Tatu
So Not Cool - New
Stay - New
30 Minutes - Tatu
NGGU - Tatu

Tatu - 8 - 3 of which Tatu never performed
New - 6
Cover - 1

I think that's reasonable for someone starting out as a solo performer, after the previous band imploded.
This is the part of the discussion where I honestly do not know why I'm even bothering to reply to your nonsense. Look at what is bold up above. All of that is t.A.T.u. music, whether it was performed live or not, it is not Lena Katina. And out of those 9 songs, six of them were songs that were performed by t.A.T.u. - that is an issue. I do not count HSIN as a cover because it was in fact recorded and released on their album. It is a t.A.T.u. song when Lena Katina performs it. I doubt she could even tell you who the original artist is.

Quote:
I don't really want to get into tedious arguments about this, it's just that I think everyone should give Lena a chance to establish herself before condemning her as useless, when she hasn't even released her first solo album.
Then don't spew your rubbish as anything other than rubbish. There is no reason this project should be operating the way it currently is. I think Lena should actually give herself a chance as Lena and not a former part of t.A.T.u. - maybe then people wouldn't condemn her as "useless".