View Single Post
Old 26-01-2004, 20:44   #12
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally posted by cirrus
If you're throwing yourself at them, they more than likely all ready know.
Quote:
Originally posted by qb
and of course if they freak out about the SMS (this only works with SMS or email or somethig) you simply tell them that it wasn't you who sent the message, it was your sister/brother/dog, or something.
These two things got me to think of a related story. It's really long so jump to the conclusion if bored.. lol

As some may know I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to computers. So I studied programming and such. Since it's mostly boys who study that subject I was one of 10 girls in a class with 60 students or such. Which kinda meant I felt like one of the boys in the class. So I spoke to one of the boys a lot, Rasmus, who was helping one of the other guys, Mike, out. So the 3 of us talked a lot in school hours. Sometimes Rasmus wasn't around since he had other subjects than me and Mike. No problem. Just talked to Mike instead then. Not about any interesting things just about daily life. Mike joined the class a year later than the rest of us, so I didn't really know him..

Anyway.. at one point we had a vacation for a week. I lived at home at the time and me and my dad were surfing the net. Had to help him out with something. So in the middle of it I checked my mail. Normally just spam and boring stuff. But not this time of course.
I recieved a mail from Mike, where he was telling me I wad the most beautiful girl in the world and he would like it if we were a couple. NORMALLY my dad is a slow reader, but not this time of course. He immidially called my mom and told her too.. the mail itself was wierd enough for me since I didn't like Mike that much, heck I knew little about him. So after a day of thinking I mailed him saying I didn't think so, and that I didn't know him that well.

So after the week I returned and pretty much avoided being alone with Mike. I didn't tell any of the others anything, but some of the girls noticed him sitting REALLY close to me all the time. Of course now I noticed too, but I didn't notice before I had recieved the mail

Next vacation came up, and Mike responded to my mail. Saying we could get to know one another and he really would love to. This time I responded a bit more clearly and still said no. Worked for a week or two. Then a new mail with him asking me what the second mail meant.. it was like this for a few more mails that just seemed like coming everytime I checked my mail. (Parents only know of the first one) So in the end the response was "Thanks, but no thank you. Please stop mailing me"

Then things got bad. I hated going to school at least when he was there. Rasmus and I luckely still had courses together and still had fun. In the last half of the education a group project was needed. My group was to comment Mikes groups project. And our grades depended at how good a job we did locating errors at their project. Needless to say: the teachers had to stop our group at one point because we located to many errors. I felt kind of bad for Mike, but it made the last semester a lot more easy, since Mikes group had to redo the project and therefor wasn't a part of the class anymore.

After studies were over I told Rasmus about the many many mails and he said I should have told him about them, so that he could have stopped Mike from writing. Of course he also said that Mike wasn't really the smartest guy around..

Long story short (bit late I know):
1. The person may not know until told.
2. Mails may not be the best option
3. May not apply since you seem to know this person better than Mike knew me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head