View Single Post
Old 07-10-2003, 01:52   #21
Banned

Send a message via AIM to elf
Quote:
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
okie okie okie.... I am enrolling for this class also

so... I did the recording for that first exercise - I hope people dont get that the wrong way - but I do realize I am few levels above everyone else in the class (after all I've studied Russian from 2or 3 grade till 4th or 5th, cent remember, till communism fell down - and also being Bulgarian helps a lot I think ) so anyway.... the point is... I will only do this in the begining - record myself before other people - sort of help them a little....but after that - no more helping - with such good teacher I am sure you will all be able to read on your own

Here is my file

p.s. the file got a little messed up - so couple of times it eats up parts of what I am saying... first time it is when I say: "Maybe that's just me mixing up the padezhy'. And the second time is: "I forgot to add - I have no problem with the reading...."

fuuuu, it is so much easier to speak than type
Hey, cool, you have wonderful prononciation (sp?) !! and a really nice voice

To answer your question... Hmmm... It's a little complicated since I haven't studied russian grammar for more that 7 years and it's natural to say it correctly without thinking about the rules. As far as I remmember, "plohi" and "plohie" are two different sentence structures. The second one is прилагательное and the first one is something else (maybe деепричастие, but I'm not sure). Basically the second one is used directly before nouns to describe the noun. The first is usually put after the noun and implies some action as well as description of the noun. In a way, "plohi" replaces the verb in the sentece above.

I know it probably sounds confusing especially since i don't remember this stuff, but I don't think anybody would notice if you said "plohie" instead of "plohi" or vice-versa - it's a typical russian mistake So you are doing really good in Russian!

Last edited by elf; 07-10-2003 at 03:19.