View Single Post
Old 16-11-2003, 14:21   #12
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. Prove? We have to prove that homophobia is wrong?
It's basic human rights. People shall not be discriminated based on gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, or religion. None of this has to be proved, it's a fact.
Homophobes are wrong, no need to prove it. Homophobic comments (or racist, or chauvinist) can't be tolerated
haku, nah... U don't HAVE to prove anything. But everyone has his own opinions and believes. If U don't agree, say that U don't. But it doesn't mean U should BAN the person who has different point of view. Humans are complicated creatures. What looks so natural and right to U can be really wrong to another person. I hate liver. Even one thought of it makes me sick. I have my reasons, I have some bad memories about this type of food from my childhood. And at times, when ppl around me enjoy their meal, I can't help having a painful look on my face. It bothers them a lot. But what can I do? There are things that are almost impossible to control. And it doesn't mean I claim that this damn liver is wrong in general and shouldn't exist. It's just impossible for ME to stand. Nothing more, nothing less. And gay relationship is just one of the things ppl can have different feelings to... no matter if they are gay or straight. Trust me, I've seen enough examples of discrimination... and it were straight ppl who were discriminated by homosexual ones at times. There are racists among black ppl, there are discriminators among the minority. We just can't ban and send to jail EVERYONE who has different opinion, everyone who has ideas that go in contra to what seems 'facts' to us. Coz then those pll will have the will to do same with us and soon we'll all meet in jail and continue the fight there. The only difference will be that we'll ALL be in jail. It's life. And this forum is just a part of this life. U can't make all pll in real life think the way U do. Why do U expect to have it here? At the public forum where lots of ppl of different age, gender, sexual orientation and nationality meet?

Well, of course U can ask ppl to behave well, watch their tongue and all. But have to agree with cniaju here. It's VERY hard to see what person really means here. There are just words... no facial expressions, no voice intonation... so, it's just wrong to see the combination of words, decide it was meant to be offensive and start the fight. There are ways to solve the problem without this. I can't believe just one single person can bring chaos to the whole forum. If U think U are mature and someone is immature why not to behave really mature then? What could be easier than saying: "calm down... we don't agree, but we aren't going to start another fight to please U"? Or to take all these comments with the humor? Or just ignore? The fight isn't obligatory if U don't want it. And queenie, this isn't 'ignoring the problem'. This is the way not to cause problem. Coz starting to attack person back isn't the way to solve this problem. Someone can have a bad mood, someone can have different opinion on some subject but it doesn't make this person bad by default. Ignoring will not just keep ur own nerves, but will be good for that angry person as well. If U don't give him/her the reason to defend him/herself, to say all the bad and offensive things he/she wouldn't say in different situation may be... well, then there's no so much damage, ther's no need to appology so much later... Appologizing is hard, it hurts one's pride. And such threads have so many chances to turn to another ugly argument as it's very hard to see U stepped over ur pride and others just aren't ready to try and understand&forgive.

Quote:
I believe if Fidget wants to think lesbian sex is unnatural, fine! Maybe we just look at it the wrong way. She might have meant it from a "scientific" point of view.
Well, she explained it in the thread Forre closed. She said she meant it was 'unnatural' but not 'wrong'. I can't agree with this. 'There are no gay animals' doesn't sound as a prove to me as we are ppl, not just animals. God, nature... whoever gave us the ability to think... ability to make choices. Yeah, gay couples can't have children... yet... but it doesn't mean the human race will dissapear if we let ppl love whoever they want. Straight couples will keep giving birth... besides, we can find other ways to solve this problem. We were given some intellect for that. In few words, I think if God, nature, what or whoever created gay ppl, they are as natural as straight ones. If they were wrong, they wouldn't exist. It's just MY opinion. That's why I don't agree with one I mentioned above. But I still respect it and ready to discuss.

Sorry if anything I said above offended U in any way. I really didn't mean to. I love this place. I love ppl I've met here. But I really don't get why being so tolerant to some, we can't be even half as tolerant to others.

Love. Val.

Edit: Sry, haven't seen ur post, Forre. So, decision was made. Well, mods, guess U had ur reasons. Thank U for taking care of this forum.

Last edited by la aurora; 16-11-2003 at 14:47.