View Single Post
Old 16-03-2004, 00:48   #48
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison
and staringelf, Kiper? Don't get me wrong. I like the girl and songs she writes. But PRODUCER? Producer is someone who 'produces' not just writes music. As far as I know Nichya is not even in russian charts. And many ppl know about the band only thanks for TATU. i know, they reached 11th place in Czech charts or something. But that's not enough to call her a great producer. May be she will be one day. But not now.
She doesn't just write songs, she is also a producer for Nichya. So what if it's not on the charts? It's quality music with quality lyrics, and without any gimmicks. Maybe if she would take off her clothes in a video grabbing her crotch in the rain, it would be in the charts. But would that mean it would have more quality?

I think Kiper is a very focused, talented songwriter and producer. It doesn't matter how much money you make, if you have quality. If she produced a new album for tATu, it would have quality guaranteed. Maybe it wouldn't be as successful because it wouldn't live on scandals, the project would then live on music - fine with me!

Shap didn't get success by being a fabulous producer with the best music taste - it was the PR that brought him success, and THEN the music. Everybody knows that. Check out the other music produced by him (Katya, 7B, etc) - it's average stuff. He's not a great musician. Kiper is a lot better musician than he is, in my opinion.