View Single Post
Old 16-03-2006, 18:11   #2
pie crust

That's extremely interesting, I never thought of it that way.

I think it might just be in our nature to be selfish. I do think, and *know* that some of those who believe in god have great love for him and not just the aftermath, but the question is where that love stems from (is that even a correct sentance? Anyways...).

I understand how this could be if you were raised a certain religion, maybe in a very religious enviornment. But I wonder what people who later in life found a certain religion (where there is a higher power) think of this.

I know, I suck at explaining things.

All in all, man often does something only if it brings him something aswell, a prize in the form of comfort maybe (the thought of going to heaven after life gives you security) or simply material things. But then again, if you look at it that way, then all we do is selfish. Even if we help somebody cross the street and don't get anything back, we often feel good about ourselves for doing a good deed (=pride).

Although I must say most people who believe in god probably don't think "If I help this lady out, I will go to heaven", maybe it lies within them subconsiously but mostly I do believe they are just helping out a human being (or animal, or whatever).
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]