View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 04:22   #13
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
People can be born with a characteristic without it being caused by genes, it can be caused by the hormonal balance in the womb of the mother for example, hormones in the womb play a big role.

It's possible to imagine that sexual orientation is caused by the various levels of different hormones the fetus receives in the womb, which causes the brain to develop in a certain way and defines the sexual orientation.
I don't know if that was proven or not, but it seems rational enough to me.

Anyway, nataku, what I mean is... There just has to be something there for the person to choose something like that. You chose to sleep with a person of the same sex, because you already came with the desire to have sexual relations with a person of the same sex. I don't think people who have never had that desire (some have it and don't know it for a while or ignore it but I'm not talking bout that) could just "turn to other side" ( ) just like that and stay that way. That's not possible. So that's why I think people are born with certain features that will define their sexuality in the future (depends on who they are and how they grow up and face themselves). Personally, since I believe in reencarnation, I think not only physical features are involved (those too), but also spiritual ones, like a challenge one has to go through.

But it doesn't make any sense to me that one just chooses it, without having a certain pattern already. When you say that, when you were little, you behaved kinda 'boy-ish', it's not because you just simply "chose" that out of the blue, you chose to be like that because you FELT it, it was in you, you followed your ESSENCE, what was already a part of you. See what I mean? Well, just my thoughts