View Single Post
Old 30-01-2007, 14:40   #32
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Okay this is going nowhere. No more personal messages. This isn't Irc. Use PM if you have a personal argument to settle. Back on topic please.

I can't say much about the USA, except from the view of an international observer. My time there was too brief to say anything conclusive and it only involved visiting two states. I have to say though. People in the two states I visited were as or more different than people in different European countries. And mind you these were neighbouring states. The only thing they share in common is history and language. Otherwise things feel entirely different on so many levels. So any kind of generatization made about a vast federation like that is totally delusional. Just as silly as making general statements about "Europeans" Offtop:
(which reminds me... a friend of mine from New Zealand is convinved all Euro peeps are blatantly promiscuous, wtf?! )

Infact I'd even go as far as to say people in certain regions of Europe that are separated with national boundaries (for instance mediteranean people in Spain, France, Portugal, Italy...) have much more in common (culturaly and sometimes even genetically) than two Americans from two different federal states.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.