View Single Post
Old 17-12-2004, 21:44   #74
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
No, as i've already said countless times, i am opposed to Turkey simply because it's not a European country, it's not part of the European cullture, Turkey belongs to a totally different cultural area. In a few years, the biggest, most powerful EU member will be a non-European country, which is a ridiculous situation. I was totally ok with Germany having that role until then, Germany is at the heart of Europe, a link between Western and Eastern Europe, it was a balanced situation. Now it's going to be Turkey, a country in Asia at the far South-East of the EU, ludicrous.
Plus, like i've said in another post, Turkey is an ultra conservative country, they will have more than 120 MPs at the EU parliament, the balance between conservatives and liberals is going to be broken, with Turkey's MPs, the conservative side is going to be much stronger than the liberal one, with the help of Turkey's MPs the views of people like Rocco Buttiglione will provail then.
To me, sharing citizenship and sovereignty with the Turks is unacceptable.
Eu is still run by UK and France and Germany, which are super influencial countires and Turkey has no chance against EU policies. EU is not going to change and become an islamic union because of that. Then, Turkey is not going to be the most powerful country of the EU because they have the biggest population.

Quote:
Not that much, i've always been opposed to Turkey becoming an EU member, i remember having discussions about that in 1980s.
Politically, you are brought up on French media and that's enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive