View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 05:34   #54
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Chapter 9

I can’t believe she did that! It’s one thing to do it during the day time, but at night when the water is freezing cold?! I’m going to be able to cut glass by the time I’m done! Lena thought, clearly frustrated.

Angrily she marched down to the river with a small camp towel, soap, and pajamas in hand. She *better* be sleeping by the time I get back or I’ll let her have it! Lena thought.

While Lena was making her way towards the river, Yulia got an idea. She quickly grabbed the bit of fishing line they had and made her way down the same trail Lena was on. She made sure to stay quite a few paces behind Lena so that she wouldn’t be noticed.

As soon as Lena was in the river, Yulia set out to her task. She looked around the trail, trying to find a spot where she knew would be quite muddy. This is going to be perfect! Yulia thought as she tied one end of the fishing line to a tree that was right before the puddle. She rolled the ball of line to the other side of the trail and then crouched down as low as she could. Patiently Yulia waited until she heard Lena’s footprints come back up the trail and pulled the fishing line taught.

I am *so* going to let her have it in the morning! Let’s see if I make break—what the hell? Lena thought as she tripped on something. Losing her balance, she fell face first into yet another mud puddle.

“SON OF A BITCH!” Lena yelled in anger as she struggled to get herself up and clear the mud out of her eyes. She stopped her cursing streak as she heard a bit of laughter come from the bushes.

“VOLKOVA!!! Oh you are *so* going to pay for this!” Lena said as she charged towards Yulia in the bushes, taking Yulia completely by surprise.

“I’m not going to let you get away with that one!” Lena yelled as she picked Yulia up and put her over her shoulders.

“If I have to take another cold bath, so do you!” Lena said as she made her way towards the river.

As soon as Yulia realized where Lena was taking her, she began to thrash about in Lena’s hands, trying to kick herself out of Lena’s strong grip.

“Let me go!! Let me go! Come on! You’ve pulled tricks on me! What? I’m not allowed to pull any on you?!” Yulia said as she tried to reason her way out of Lena’s arms, realizing she was no match for her.

“No! If I have to freeze tonight, so do you! See if I let you borrow my sweatshirt again!” Lena said as she approached the river’s edge. “Hope you can swim!” she said as she threw Yulia into the ice cold water.

“This is war Katina!” Yulia said through chattering teeth once she made her way to the surface.

“Bring it on, Prissy! Bring_it_on!” Lena responded.
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.myspace.com/dare2dream28 I DARE you to click it. ;)

Thanks to room4602 at the Spashley forum for my avatar. :)