View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 19:44   #2
I don't waste my time

My opinion (not meant to offend anyone): I think this just shows how hypocrite american society really is. I still can't understand how a country that claims to be so "free", so open-minded, so tolerant, have such reactions to simple things like this. A boob?! I mean, most European countries, that aren't saying all the time that they're the land of freedom, broadcasted t.A.T.u.'s kiss on stage with no censorship. On the other hand, most of it got censored in the USA. Now people classify Janet's boob flash as outrageous, mostly because "kids were watching" - so what?! Doesn't every woman have boobs? What's the big deal with showing off a BOOB on TV? It's "filthy" for kids to watch? Since when?! If it were hardcore sex - OK. But boobs? A girl kissing another girl? What's up with the american society? I honestly don't understand it. I guess America is all about being politically correct. No wonder they have the UK as best friends

Once again, I don't mean to offend anyone- there's bad, narrow-minded people in every country. But it's just a LITTLE too much for me when certain countries proclaim to be free, liberal, tolerant, open-minded, and then there are such reactions and censorship.