View Single Post
Old 18-04-2007, 18:21   #111
fancy topping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
children who are born in a suburb simply get no chances to build a better life for themselves
it could sound hard but some of them just don't want to try to do something with their lives, they're just acting like a bunch of w*nkers and play the victims of the society card when it's needed
really no offence, I'm aware of discrimination, I know some guys who used to be the men in their neighboorhood and now they really want to make something else, to find a job etc etc
and it's really good ... but I also see the opposite and it sucks

about the 2005 riots, I know someone who was a victim of it, he lives in La Duchère, disctrict well-known in Lyon to be pretty violent and so on, his car got fired and his insurance didn't cover this kind of accident
he simply looked for the ones who made that, they were actually a bunch of 16-17 years old, he threatened them and made them pay for what they did ... this guy is black and he's built like a bulldozer, I really think that these teens wouldn't give a damn if it hadn't been the case

ok, maybe, you don't see my point but I'm trying to say that some teens don't realise the consequences of their acts because nobody chase after them to make them pay or feel guilty
and it's unacceptable to go on like that! I know it sounds rude, but people have to assume their acts
I'm sure it's easier to find a job when your police record is clean
it's really pissing me off when people say that they don't wanna try because they're from suburbs and they don't have any chance no matter what happen
there's always exceptions, and we have to stand together to change that state of mind

btw, I'm not sure that the pseudo US capitalist project that Sarko proposes is the best way to solve this kind of problems but who knows? Ségolène's boot camps don't sound better ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') "your love is enormous, it's lifting me up"

Anaïs | Pie crust's lover | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. | [11] |
[my fansite]