View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 21:05   #13
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Employees work to get money. No one will leave their livelyhood for an uncertain future, just because they hate their co-workers/superiours. This goes double for our country, I'm sure you know. You can argue differently, but at the same time I can say back that no one forces people to drive on the road. They do it out of their own conveniance. They could walk. I know it's a lousy argument but it goes hand in hand with your saying that employees can just CHOOSE who they'll work for at random.

EU membership is voluntary (okay, not really, since we're in-directly forced anyway, but that's not important here), as is the membership in UN. Indonesia is a member state, therefore it has to obey certain legal standards. Or at least it SHOULD if the UN in itself wouldn't be so damn ineffective. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the security council should all of a sudden level Indonesia with the ground because of this. They should just be persuaded in a friendly manner through international pressure. Like some Arab countries were when sheriatic law was in question.

You realize we're moving in a circle here, yes? You're all for terrotorial soverignity of a country at all cost, while I think a little international interventionism never hurt. Especially when shambolic asian courts are in question. I see your point, though. I just don't agree with it .
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.