View Single Post
Old 27-12-2004, 12:18   #33
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
I think that instead of what we have today.... I'd rather see the abolition of that flawed model of "democracy" altogether and the return of the monarchy. One person respected by everybody to be chosen to run the country. He would elect his government according to merit not interest and would have to get the approval of the people for important decisions - such as taking the country to war. After a term he would decide who the his successor would be. ( another well-respected member of the community )..
..it´s may be because I read too much your posts that I become very pessimistic here...

Quote:
He would elect his government according to merit ...
.."according to merit" could have absolutely opposite definitions in relation with the context...it seems "according to merit" has had a lot of catastrophic "past history" in many dictatures....

Quote:
He .... would have to get the approval of the people for important decisions - such as taking the country to war... After a term he would decide who the his successor would be. ( another well-respected member of the community )..
So the people would be able to decide by itself, without knowing with precision which are all the economical, diplomatical, ethical, military ....stakes, if it accepts or not a war...but the same people won´t be able to choose by itself its next chief ?...

Quote:
who the his successor would be. ( another well-respected member of the community )..
..this expression rejoins , in my brain, the "previous danger" of .."according to merit"...

Quote:
One person respected by everybody to be chosen to run the country. ..
Does it/he/she exist ? ...I´m surprised by a such proposition from your part, spyretto,...It presupposes that all the chiefs would be the wiser of the wiser...a true fairy-tail...