View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 23:48   #1
Harrumph.

Angry Fhughin' virus... (and other Internet animosities)

Okay, so while the main idea of this thread is to discuss what *exactly* are virus creators thinking when they go and create their babies, I'm also issuing a warning to everyone that spotted me in their contact lists today (11/08/2003) from 4 pm to 5 pm (GMT-6, Mexico City), and to people in general, because I had a virus attacking three of the computers at my office.

It's not a serious virus but in case you get it, don't let it reboot your computer. It's just a minor window that pops up and warns you that NT Authority/SYSTEM will reboot your computer in 60 seconds because something in the computer's protocol has stopped to work. In case it does pop up, don't ignore it! It basically restarts your computer and starts it up without the antivirus working. Shut down your computer while it counts down to :00 and don't start it up again in a while.

So, anyway. The Web is infested with prank virus, Trojan horse virus, and worm virus, not to mention those things that really jump into the international news: prank websites. Anyone ever heard of the Bonsai Kittens?

Lets's discuss on it: who else can remember something in the web that really went macaroni colored?