View Single Post
Old 16-05-2011, 00:09   #97
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
How ever we try it, it gets either too complicated (more than one restriction) or doesn't quite serve the purpose. That's why I said, that I considered this for a while. It's no good in the end. More rules, and doesn't solve the problem, at least not without creating new ones. The East/West showdown is still more promising, though against the desired reduction of the polarity thinking.
Ok, so we have East v West, the big 6 and the winner of the previous year qualifying for the final

Western semi: Slovenia, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland, Malta, Portugal, Austria, San Marino just 14 countries

Eastern semi: Albania, Bosnia H, Croatia, F Macedonia, Serbia, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Israel, Moldova, Ukraine, Armenia, Cyprus, Greece, Turkey, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia.

23 countries!!! The semi would take forever! We need to divide the East into 2 semis

However you see it with the East bloc spreading all the way to Syria and Iran, the divide remains the same

It's just not feasible.