View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 02:48   #5
Bitchka

sun in Bulgarian is 'slance' or 'slunce' (could be translited either way) . I will edit my message with the cyrillic spelling later, since I am at work now on a macintosh that doesnt have cyrilic. (and the 'a' in the first option or 'u' in the second, represent letter that is not present in the latin alphabet so it is not 100% translit- any bulgarian will know what it is translited like this though- but realy the sound is like... hmmm.. the only way to describe it will be to record myself at home and upload the sound file so you know what I am talking about- maybe you have it in your languages too)
fcuk in bulgarian translit is : ebati , in cyrillic spelled just like in Russian, but russians pronaunce their 'e' as something like 'ye', and they have a different letter (which we dont in Bulgarian) that is pronaunced as 'e'.
freddie I think this is a great thread- you wil be surprised how close Bulgarian is to Slovene, I am saying that just because of what I've heard from you so far, plus Bulgarian is realy really close to serbian.
About the polish- I understand some words, but not as much as serbian, macedonian, croatian, slovene (why is it called slovene and not slovenian by the way?), or russian. But czech is pretty NOT understandable for me, I think even more than polish. I do pick up on few of the words, but little. By the way- what exactly is serbo-croatian?

To keep the words coming- how about good day ? for us = dobar den in translit. If you wanna say informal hello we say zdrasti How about the other slavic languages?

Za sega tova e ! (translit for: this is it for now)
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 02-05-2003 at 03:08.