View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 23:59   #3
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Another one from the south slavic language group. I speak Slovene and we use the alphabet as well. Our language is very similar to serbo-croatian and also slovakian in some ways. I understand quite a bit of chech and also some russian, But surprisingly polish is the least understandable to me...considering people say it's very close to Russian. I also get a felling that serbo-croatian is pretty similar to russian (much more then slovenian is). Serbs for instance also use cyrillic plus they have a lot of words like the russians.

Bulgarian is complete tabula rassa to me. I never heard anything about it. Those comments that cool made have really surprised me - I never would have thought it's similar to croatian.
Although I remember you mentioning some time back that you also (like we do), use the word "Volk" for "Wolf".

Hey guys how do you say "Sun" in your languages? Slovenian(Sonce) is pretty similar to russian (solnce), . Fuck is also quite similar - "jebati" in slovenian and I think it's something like"yebat" in russian right?
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 02-05-2003 at 11:23.