View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 01:29   #453
Martian Eyes

A little summary of new clips of March 2011:

Already a quarter of 2011 is over, but the top stars mostly missed to convince us that they have something interesting to offer. The first two of the list were already posted in the threads of Tanya and Slava.
Tanya Teryoshina - Ponimaj. Tanya the chameleon! Each song, each clip shows her from another side. At least everything looks and sounds professional (ok, her singing talents not so much...).
Stas P'eha & Slava - Ya i ty. Two singers from the famous producer and composer Viktor Drobysh together with a decent song and a less decent video clip. Altogether not so bad.
23:45 - Gody letat. One of the top bands for the young generation with typical r'n'b-pop-hip-hop music, not bad, but the sound is horrible. Somebody should tell them how to use 'Audacity' correctly!
Lyapis Trubetskoj - Ya veryu. Russian rock, or at least what Russians call rock. As always, lyrics and the video clip make his works great.

Ok, because we don't have much from the stars, we may look at the hardly known, but considerably more talented people around...
Zoya Levada - Uspokoj menya. She seems to be Armenian. Pop-rock with ethno touch and definitely a remarkable voice...and I just looove the song!
Katarina Kremer - Igry bez pravil. Long time not seen such a great video composition from a Russian! The director is obviously a geometry fetishist, can't stop watching!
Barochka - Hvatit!. Despite her young age she already wrote about 200 songs in various genres. Lately she is totally into the far far western kind of music.The number one r'n'b lady of the Ural, as they call her there.

A look to the smaller southern neighbour Ukraine reveals a similar picture. The top stars show either crap or nothing, but the less known easily compensate.
Varda & Sergej Zverev - Lyudi-angely. Designer, style icon and living object of art Sergej Zverev together with the erotic.dancer Varda - decadent-dramatic, only slightly stylish, and not even bad music.
IYA - Pust' govoryat. Romantic music, the main ingredient of Ukrainian mainstream. Noble ambience, the lady has obviously saved her money diligently to finance her career. Love her cute squint!
Ana Baston - Vystrel. One of the most promising newcomers of 2010, writes her songs herself, although lacks a bit of variation. Quite sexxy!
Sister Siren - Innocent Killah. They do it in English and this mostly from beyond the big pond, totally western.
Vremya i steklo - Lyubvi tochka net. The brand new project of the restless entertainer and producer Potap with their second single. A bit too ... eeh ... cartoon-like for my taste, but good music, and an excellent female singer.
Payuschie trusy - Intim ne predlagat'. The 'Singing Panties', the most hated act of the Ukrainian music establishment. This time with the participation of the most famous pimp of the CIS, Petya Listerman, and with the reasonable attitude "I'm bored of moneyless boys, I have to meet urgently Petya Listerman!"