View Single Post
Old 31-01-2011, 22:40   #444
Martian Eyes

Finally I found some time for a little review of the year 2010 of Russian music. Not a very attractive year, but there were still some highlights, which are worth a listen, so - here it is, the best of 2010:

Top 10 radio airplays of 2010:

1. Vera Brezhneva - Lyubov' spasyot mir
2. 5ivesta Family - Zachem
3. Nyusha - Vybirat' chudo
4. Yuliya Savicheva - Moskva - Vladivostok
5. Valeriya - Kapel'koyu
6. 23:45 - Drug bez druga
7. Gradusy - Rezhissyor
8. Mitya Fomin - Vsyo budet horosho
9. Infinity - Zamechtalas'
10. Stas Mihailov & Taisiya Povalij - Otpusti

The other Number 1 hits of last year:

Vintazh - Victoria
Nyusha - Perebivaj
Dima Bilan - Ya prosto lyublyu tebya

...and some of the most requested songs:

Slava - Odinochestvo - suka
VIA Gra - Poshyol von!
Gradusy - Kto ty
Aleksandr Rybak - Ya ne veryu v chudesa
Dan Balan & Vera Brezhneva - Lepestkami slyoz
Yuliya Savicheva - Skazhi mne, chto takoe lyubov' - no videoclip yet
Serebro - Davaj, derzhat'sya za ruki - no videoclip yet

...and finally some other songs worth mentioning (my very personal view, of course):

In'-Yan - Pofig - arguing in a bit different way...great video idea for a top song
Dmitrij Koldun - V komnate pustoj - Lonely Dima, one of the best tearjerkers of 2010
Elena Esenina - Odissej i Penelopa - Atmospheric song and video with a slightly gothic touch
Nestrelki - Vova, vernis'! - Two ladies of the long past girl group 'Strelki' try it again together, with the best girlsgroup song of 2010 and a video with shameless quotes of a very famous movie - classy!
Plazma - Mystery - Eurodance with a retro touch and en vogue blood and teeth themed video
Roma Kenga - Vysoko - Techno from a really talented young artists
Kit-I - Moyo serdtse - Emo-rock from Maks Fadeev's protégés, for the helplessly romantic
Vel'vet - Prodavets kukol - The puppet-seller is waiting - creepy!
Bi-2 - Vechnaya prizrachnaya vstrechnaya - Don't understand a word of this babbling, but I looove it - cultivated rock from one of my favourite groups
Korol' i shut - Fokusnik - Wild West sounds and a strange magician's show from the somewhat 'peculiar' punks
The SLoT - Lego - The leading indie band: A game with bricks and lovers - solve the puzzle or die! Ok, die anyway...weird!

Last edited by Argos; 31-01-2011 at 23:04.