View Single Post
Old 19-03-2009, 06:30   #12
Chun ruk ter!

While this is interesting... I'll have to agree. Right now, I really can't imagine Yulia actually being taken seriously with a solo career. Especially in the US Pop industry. Over here, pop musicians constantly need to find something to keep the attention on them. Tatu really haven't done anything dramatically "fresh" for over 4 years. To me, they're just two girls singing and are handed decent music and promotional videos every once in a while. They've caught barely anyone's attention besides the followers they already had. What would Yulia do as a single artist? How would she sell and who would she target as her audience?

Tons of famous artists from around the world have tried to breakthrough in the U.S. market... But despite having huge ongoing success within their boundaries, they don't make that big of a mark in the North American pop scene. They are lucky enough they're getting deals there in the first place. Compared to Yulia, I don't think she could make it, looking at the "success" Tatu have together lately. She'll probably be viewed as a desperate has-been, unfortunately.

Yulia probably has a lot in store that we haven't seen, but until she proves that, my predictions remain limited. :|
I mean, at least staying within Europe's music boundaries or the independent music scene would be a bit more realistic.

Offtop:
P.S. QueenBee your avatar omfg
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 19-03-2009 at 06:41.