View Single Post
Old 17-12-2005, 19:09   #108
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff
how come you say that we occupie the north cyprus?
Because you do, Turkish troups have invaded Cyprus in 1974 and still occupies the Northen part of the island. The invasion and occupation of Northern Cyprus has been declared illegal by the UN and Turkey has been repeatedly asked to withdraw its troups.

Quote:
how come you say that we dont have democracy?
Because Turkey is a long way from being a democracy.

Quote:
i can say without any doubt that turkey is in europe
Turkey is NOT in Europe, Turkey is in Asia, you can try to redefine geography all you want to fit your political agenda, it won't change the fact that Turkey is in Asia Minor.

Quote:
has a total democracy since Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Wow, you really think that Turkey has been a 'total democracy' since the 1920s? That's really sad because it shows that you have no idea of what is required for a country to be considered a democracy. For example the Turkish republic was a single-party regime for decades, single-party means by definition no democracy, and that's only one of the criteria.

Quote:
make up stories like so-called armenian genocide(yea,thats what we call it),which makes us just laugh.
I'm not surprised that the Armenian genocide makes Turkish people laugh.
The Armenian genocide is not 'made-up', between 1 and 1.5 million Armenians died, all historians (except Turkish ones of course) agree on that and it's certainly not a laughing matter.

Anyway, i see that Turlkish propanganda is still fully working on its own people, from 'we did not invade Cyprus' to 'there has never been an Armenian genocide'… denial, denial, denial.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]