View Single Post
Old 20-10-2003, 18:54   #39
The Dream is Over, :~(

So now we are assuming that Tatu has had a patent of Sapphic sex appeal for all these years?

Honestly guys, it has been done before. For one thing, Madonna has been doing this since before Tatu even knew what the word "lesbian" meant. This isn't some invention of the East later exploited by the West. Nobody can claim homosexuality, it is universal.

As for the current batch of artists, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are copying Tatu. The whole lesbian appeal was always attractive to straight men and being that they make up most of the market, obviously the industry already lured in the Sapphic factor. The process was just gradual and subtle. The only thing Tatu did, IMHO, was speed up the process with their debut. And quite frankly I'm not even going to credit them nor Ivan for that but rather Interscope/Universal and MTV. Those compnies deserve all of your praises.

Regarding Pink, I do not get any hint of this being a marketing ploy, actually nothing from Pink reminds me of anything remotely fake. Her last album was a departure of the image she was assigned to being, i.e. the white Mary J. Blige. She had contributed more to her album and I took that as being becoming more expressive. With this news (if it is true, of course) I think it is just her being more truthful with herself.

Your mileage may vary.