View Single Post
Old 18-06-2003, 12:35   #5
Just say maybe

Since I left school, where I felt very self-concious in French and German classes, I've become enormously set on learning other languages.

And, yes, I'm now intensely keen to learn Russian. I have sheets of A4 with the original and translated lyrics from 200 Po Vstrechnoi scattered about my bedroom. I did much the same thing with Juniper Moon songs when I wanted to start learning Spanish about five months ago. I spend enough time listening to t.A.T.u. to be able to sing along to large parts of the Russian songs. Since the words are there in my head, I might as well know what they mean.

Next time I get the chance to go into town I'll be casing Ottakar's for books on Russian grammar. I've not been able to find anything on the internet that might help.

I would fancy proper lessons, but I've not a clue where in the world I'll be living by September, which means I can't really enrol on any courses at the moment. Russia is, however, a very serious option for my future home. This teaching English lark is very liberating in that respect.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.