View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 18:17   #48
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda05
Really? I wasn't born and raised in US. But can I be any more American I have adapted everything that is American (including the citizenship) except for the damn accent.
And what exactly is your "American mentality" you have adapted to? Anglosaxon? Hispanic? ( Mexican? Cuban? ) Latino? Scandinavian? Polish? Jewish? Greek? African American? Irish? Chinese?

Or you just pledge allegiance to the flag and the consitution? Excuse my ignorance but at least European peoples ( as well as others ) have a distinct national identity and ethnicity and we consider ourselves historically European because this was our home from the very beginning. The USA is what exactly? a gathering of different peoples from the 5 corners of the world under the hospice of one flag and one constitution? when the empire they fought to gain independence from was, is and will be their biggest ally EVER?

Oh, I forgot it's the accent as well Unless you were more curious about Cocal Cola, Mcdonalds restaurants, Microsoft or Walmart...or Hollywood. This is the very fabric that makes up America , innit?

edit: nath do you consider yourself French or U.S. of A-an? Coz if the French ridiculed the USA's trust me, the USA's did EXACTLY the same to the French. Maybe you don't have U.S. of American good ol' cable tv at home then
oh about France, you may bash them as hell, they're still one of your biggest allies. You're just a bit pissed off at the moment cause they didn't follow the stupid war Bush was leading.
Trust me, it's gonna be ok soon.

Quote:
lemme join as say this is all
Nah, it's just not the L word, that's all.

Last edited by spyretto; 11-01-2006 at 18:31.