View Single Post
Old 26-01-2005, 01:11   #16
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
Just so it is known, the whole polygamy thing was brought up by the Mormons out West. Polygamy is legal in the State of Utah in the US (American posters; please correct me if I wrong here), of course a state mostly inhabited by Mormons. I do not see why Islam or Africa have to be specifically brought up.

As for running around naked, Mossop I am sorry to disappoint you there but Canada has legalized women going topless. Not just in the beach (beaches in Canada, HA!) but out on the street too. Granted no woman has tried it yet for the past 5+ years, it is just allowed out of principle. So, how's that for liberal, spyretto?
Liberal my foot...You can see topless women sunbathing in parks if it's a very hot day even here in the UK. But they do their utmost to cover themselves. Beaches are also a place where they can sunbathe topless, I don't see why we have to bring it to the streets too? And who would do it? Only some exhibitionist...As for polygamy, you're also forgetting China. It was all about male polygamy but maybe there was female polygamy sometime in the ancient matriarchal societies? ( like in Greece, the Aegean civilization which was purely matriarchal ) But the first thing that comes to mind when you think of polygamy and where it is practised today is the Arab world. Do they practise it in Utah as well? And they don't want to legalise abortion? Not to forget that Americans have crazy laws...